Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Introduction

Thanks for visiting my site. I am training with the New York City chapter of Team-In-Training for the Nike Women's Marathon on October 21, 2007 in San Francisco, CA. If your eyes or brain paused at the word "marathon," so did mine. I know this is a crazy event, but it'll be a great experience, right?

Google comes up with different definitions of marathon, but I like this one by Princeton:
  • any long and arduous undertaking
  • a footrace of 26 miles 385 yards
  • a battle in 490 BC in which the Athenians and their allies defeated the
    Persians
  • The bold emphasis is mine. From now until I cross the finish line, I will be undertaking a physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental training. I will be running by foot all the 26 miles 385 yards. Okay, fine, maybe I will crawl the last few yards. And it will be a battle of wills, much like the Athenians had to defeat Persia.

    I am running for three very special people in my life. I will introduce each one of them in a separate post, as they each deserve several paragraphs about their respective lives. Not only will I introduce you to three special people, each week I will dedicate my workout to key people, causes, and events in my life. In my short time span, I have realized that people, causes, and things motivate me to be better, to do better, to keep challenging my mind, body, and soul.

    Over the next few months, I look forward to sharing my triumphs, my falls, and stories as I train to accomplish a physical feat I have never done before.

    10 comments:

    Deb said...

    rock on Chai! rock on!

    nkv413 said...

    I love the way you do everything.

    Priya said...

    team in training changed my life, and i'm so glad you've decided to do it as well. i hope it has the same inspiration on you. you have my full support. good luck, homegirl. :)

    chick pea said...

    you are a rockstar...

    but wait.. you already knew that :)

    yasmine said...

    run on, rockstar!
    i'm so excited about reading your upcoming posts, your motivations/inspirations, and hearing about the training process. much love and highfives to you, buddy!

    tntchai said...

    thanks so much everyone. i am uber excited about this venture. and very happy to hear that you all have my back. :)

    Anonymous said...

    love what you're doing! mad jealous. after tubby (who i believe is on her/his way soonish) i'm going to do a marathon. it's one of my goals.

    you are a rockstar.

    ma said...

    You are my idol. And a rockstar! Can't wait to hear all about it. Know we're all here to support you!

    archana said...

    oh chai. you sure know how to make a gal tear. thank you.

    cheers to eradicating blood cancers for all :)

    Maitri said...

    Rock on, sister!