Monday, June 11, 2007

Saturday: Cramp and Sickness

As it turned out, Saturday was not a good run. It was probably one of the worst runs I have had. I had a terrible sidesplitting cramp on right side, underneath my rib cage. I felt sick to my stomach starting at mile 2. And it was downright humid.

I ran with Coach Kelly. She was awesome because she helped me throughout the eight mile journey. Not only was she running on her birthday, but she is also recovering from a flu and bronchitis.

During the run, I thought of my honored teammates, Priyanka, Kavita, and Archana. I kept thinking about how my pain doesn't even compare to what they have had to go through. So, I continued on. A bit slower (ran at a 11:00/mile pace) and with more conscious steps. One thing I have continued to learn AND appreciate is putting one foot in front of the other. Eventually, I will reach the finish line.

::+::
Thank YOU to the continued monetary support! At the writing of this post, I have crossed the $1500 mark. Only $3500 to raise!

No comments: