Monday, July 9, 2007

What a Week!

I am still on a Saturday run high. I ran 11 miles at a 11:00 min/mile rate and was not even the least bit tired. We trained in Central Park. My husband and I got to Central Park at 6:30A to stand in the Shakespeare in the Park line. It was the last weekend for Romeo and Juliet. Around 7:40A, I walked over to 72nd Street entrance, the TnT meeting site.

I ran with my mentor teammates, Emily and Lori, and another mentor Melissa. What I love about team training is what you talk about. We chatted about so many random things. And you feel the running connection- much like a connection you make with a person while volunteering, coaching, working.

So, I ran the farthest I have ran in this training. My only pain was a weak left knee. I iced it when we got back home.

And no, we didn't get tickets to the play. But, what a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday.

2 comments:

Lala said...

Chai-

I love your training blog, so inspiring! I've been thinking about doing one too, maybe now I will!

:)

Lori

chai said...

thanks lori!!