Tuesday, July 31, 2007

i'm alive!

i apologize for not writing in the past few weeks. work has been eating up most of my free time, leaving me with very little time to run. yesterday was my first run in seven days. i haven't gone that long with NO running since i started training for the marathon.

when i wasn't running, i felt sluggish. i hope this translates into: running = daily habit, even after the marathon.

over the past two months, i have raised over $3000. i have $2000 more to go! i'm a bit nervous of not making it, but i know i can.

over the same amount of time i have:
  • Ran 11 miles without stopping!
  • Ran the fastest miles i have ever ran in my life!
  • Participated in my first 10K since 8th grade and did fairly well!
  • Ran in a thunderstorm!
  • Raised more money than I ever thought I could!
Small accomplishments like this make me quite happy. Tonight, I am running the CP loop (6miles). Wish me luck.

2 comments:

archana said...

GOOOD LUCK! and congrats on all the accomplishments. you were a superstar before you started this, and you've already surpassed superstar status! nice work :)

seee you sooooooon! can't wait to play on another coast.

Deb said...

Week off or not, you are still a rock star. keep up the good work!!!