Monday, October 22, 2007

i did it!!!!!!

i want to add more exclaimation marks, but that may be overdoing it just a BIT. ....so i'll do it here.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26.2 MILES OF RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!
MY goodness, it was SO much fun and an amazing event!!!!!! i ran for about five hours, through the most beautiful parts of SF. first off, the weather was perfect. i have NEVER seen SF *that* perfect before. i want to do the run again just for that! secondly, i had 24 people to cheer me on! just for me!!! how FREAKIN' cool is that?! third, my coaches were there in spots i needed them to be. they were amazingly sweet and encouraging. fourth, the signs my friends and family made had me laughing (and other runners laughing) through out the course (particularly the reference to "The Office" and the "Run for Rabies 5K" poster). fifth, i didn't WALK AT ALL!!!!! i actually ran the entire time. i don't think i can do a final, but i'll do it to shut up. sixthly, i thought of priyanka, kavita, archana, vinay, bevin, adam, cathy, venkatesh, ram, arun, rose, mithun, ken, carl, mark and the hundreds of names i read on other people's shirts because if they could do it, then so could i!!!!!!!!
my goodness, y'all, it has been the best five months a young gal like me could have asked for and yesterday was just a celebration of it all. i'm not tired, i'm not hurting, i'm nothing BUT estatic that it happened.
AND I RAISED MORE THAN $10k!! if i can do it, ANYONE (literally anyone) can. lemme tell you how many older women/men, disabled men/women, bigger women/men i saw cross the finish line before me. i think i'll be gearing up for another race soon. :)
i'll definitely write more when i'm not so AHHHHHHH!!!! I DIDITIDIDITDIDIT mood! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo proud of you!

AB

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so proud--you kick so much ass! :-)

blissfullykrissy said...

Hi Chai,

I ran it with TnT too and it was amazing! Way to go in your fundraising efforts! What an awesome awesome marathon huh?!